Sunday, January 31, 2010

Japanese Karaoke, American Style!

We finally did it! We went to a Japanese karaoke bar and rocked the place like its never been rocked before. The karaoke bars are different than in the States. Here, you reserve a private room for your group so you're sitting and singing behind a closed door. But don't worry, even behind closed doors you could hear our group from the other side of the building.


While you're singing away you can order food and drinks and basically hang out until the wee hours of the morning. Here's our server bringing our waters on his knees so he wouldn't block the screen. How thoughtful!



Oh, the passion!







And here is a little something for your viewing pleasure. No, Randy and I didn't rehearse this, we're just talented. And yes, Randy really is that cheesy.

11 comments:

  1. my favorite part was when Randy jumped up an octave! Love it!
    oh, and LOVE your gilmore girls video! I am still laughing at your mom as Mrs. Gilmore. Classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That just makes me so happy. That's the best song ever!!!! Randy...good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two have the most fun EVER! I loved it and your voices are fantastic!

    Watch out American Idol!! ;)
    ~AK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a recording deal in your future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell Landon was really moved by it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your calling is in jeopardy after that display.

    J/K, what a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the best! There's nothing that quite compares to some good karaoke fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was great. We can tell that Randy was holding back. We really miss you guys. Heidi had to call and tell us ....Her words--I miss Randy soooo much. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! Kurt is reminiscing about your 7th grade talent show singing of "Somewhere Out There". What good memories - and great singing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you had me laughing out loud! I loved it! I can't wait for Friday for my first experience with Japanese Karaoke. I hope you guys are going again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost couldn't watch the whole thing... maybe it was the "jazz hands". Looks like Rob's lack of inhibition is rubbing off. We should all be more like you guys. Good stuff. Although I agree with Scott, your calling could be in jeopardy-- but then again maybe you have just found a new calling in life!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?