Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Red Sox

We took the boys to see the Red Sox play at Fenway Park.  All four boys.  Not our best idea but now even Parker can say he's been to a game at Fenway even if he can't remember it.  For the record, we're not huge baseball fans but we definitely cheer for the Red Sox.  We lived in Boston when they finally won the World Series and broke "the curse" so we're staying loyal. 
Yummmmmy food!
We had a pre-game lunch at Legal Sea Foods and I was pleasantly surprised at how well my boys did through the meal.  We avoid taking them to restaurants at all costs so it's been awhile since we've tempted fate. 
Walking into Fenway
Then we drove into Boston and scored a sweet deal on parking thanks to the Spot Hero app and enjoyed watching the game while we BAKED in the sun.  Seriously it was so hot!  I bet there was only a ten-minute stretch when our whole family was actually sitting and watching the game.  Randy and I kept alternating taking the boys out to cool off in the shade.  Randy's still on his antibiotics for Lyme Disease which makes him extra sensitive to the sun and I was just tired of sweating while trying to watch the most boring game in ever.  Things didn't get exciting until the 7th inning when we sang Neal Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" at the top of our lungs.  That was when I realized my boys don't know the song which means I have completely failed as a parent. But we made great memories and finished off with a trip to Costco.  Man, I wish RI had Costco!




Cooling off next to the Green Monster


Everyone loves fist bumps from Parker
Melting
Cooling off with overpriced ice cream

So long, Fenway!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?