Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mother's Day

Randy's mom flew out to watch our boys while we did the Ragnar thing which meant she was here for Mother's Day.  Talk about a nice mom to do that!  The weather was gorgeous so we walked along the Newport Cliff Walks before eating a delicious dinner.  The next day we met up with Randy for lunch and ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant with the best guacamole I've ever had.  Later that night I raced home after Landon's soccer practice so I could hurry and make dinner and lo and behold, Pam beat me to it!  Seriously, how great to not have to cook dinner?!  It's the bane of my existence.  For family night we went to Brickley's for ice cream {another one of those great places that is only open in the summer} and played at the beach. 

the only picture I got of me and the boys on mother's day.  Hard times.
I'm thankful that we were busy enough on Mother's day that I didn't have time to wallow in sadness about how badly I miss my mom and Lindsey {Her death day anniversary was on the same day as Mother's Day this year.}  I'll have to remember for future mother's days that keeping busy is a great way to cope.


lunch in Newport




Best buds
So typical.  Landon watching as his brothers race off to the water. 
Every time we go to the beach I marvel at its beauty and how after all these years of living by various oceans, I still wonder at how lucky I am to live by the beach.  My boys love it but I don't think they appreciate it the way I do.
We love the beach! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?