Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Birthday Buds


Parker turned three! Landon turned six!
Summer birthdays stink.  It seems like there is always lots going on that makes celebrating a summer birthday a total pain.  This year I seriously contemplated celebrating the boys' double birthday a week later, just for the sake of convenience but then I figured the grandparents would be calling to wish the boys a happy birthday and ruin the whole thing so we toughed it out and celebrated on the actual day.  Ironically both sets of grandparents forgot to call on their birthdays which is further proof that summer birthdays stink!  So it turns out I could've rescheduled their birthday to a day that was actually convenient.
Despite our house being in total disarray {thanks to the movers who literally dumped out boxes of our stuff onto the floor} and having four boys hanging around with not much to do, we made the day fun.  Miraculously I came across a package of balloons so I was able to stick with our tradition of decorating their bedroom door with balloons and birthday signs.  The boys hung out in the toy aisle at Target with Marcus supervising while I grabbed a few gifts when they weren't looking, paid for them, and loaded them in the van.  It was so last-minute.  Thanks to Amazon Prime, the rest of their gifts arrived while we were at the store.  
My Grandma, {known as Grandma Great to the boys} saved the day by giving them a very generous gift card to Red Robin so we could take the boys out for a nice dinner.  My Aunt Lisa pitched in with a gift card for dessert and I seriously wanted to with weep tears of gratitude as we ate our delicious food that I didn't have to cook, at a table that wasn't surround by moving boxes and clutter.  It was heaven!
After dinner we took the boys miniature golfing and both boys LOVED it!  The last time we mini-golfed I was 9 months pregnant with Parker so a lot can change in a few years.
So, happy birthday to my little birthday buddies!  Hopefully next year life will be boring and mundane so we can party hard.  But I wouldn't count on it!
Parker playing in the toy aisle while I bought his presents

The best birthday dinner courtesy of Aunt Lisa and Grandma Great

We LOVE onion rings!

My serious golfers



back home to open presents and the fact that I found the wrapping paper (from Christmas) was another miracle

he's so cute!

Landon trying out his new wheels


2 comments:

  1. Grandma great and Lisa are seriously the best aren't they? Can't wait to see pics of the new mansion (already saw some online at grandmas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New mansion? Hardly. It's 25 years old and not as big as April or Laura's house. But we love it and the yard is sweet!

      Delete

Your thoughts?