Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Whistler, Canada

We finished off our spring break vacation with a ski trip to Whistler.  It was amazing to me how warm and sunny it was at the base of the mountain, but by the time you reached the summit there was a ton of snow and it was even snowing sometimes.
Randy and the boys did a ton of skiing.  I spent more time riding the gondola up and down the mountain with Parker.  It's going to be a great day when he learns to ski but for now we are ski lodge buddies.  A couple other families joined us up there so meeting up at the lodge for lunch each day was fun and loud.

Here we are putting on our gear and wondering why we need skis at all.  There is no snow!

Brother love as we ride up to the summit for the first run

Ethan was relieved to see more snow

Landon looking for bears down below

Parker and Randy have matching ski coats.
Lunch with our friends.  We pretty much took over the whole eating area.  As soon as the kids finished eating they'd run over to the kid area to play on the free video game stations they have


A future Olympian with his "weapon" commonly known as a ski pole

Parker and I spent A LOT of time riding up and down the gondola

We found the castle hidden in the woods.  The slides are long and fast!

Landon skiing through the forest
I spent one morning with the little guys swimming in the pool.  By the way, my boys absolutely love hotels.  They love having a TV in their bedroom and a pool to swim in.  If we hadn't skied I'm sure they wouldn't have cared.  It's all about the hotel for them.  
Our hotel was slope side so the boys could ski in and ski out so while we were swimming Marcus and Ethan rode past on the lift, hootin' and hollering at us.  After our morning dip in the pool, we went to Whistler Village which meant a trip to our favorite candy store and a chance to play on the awesome playground.   My skiing boys love to have candy in their pockets to snack on as they ride the lifts and Marcus and Ethan were not happy when I texted them a picture of their brothers at the candy store without them.

If you look carefully you can see the ski lift in the trees

Landon agreed to this picture after making sure Parker posed as the girl

Playing outside the candy shop on the sweet playground

Landon doesn't remember the roller slides in Japan so he thought this one was pretty neat

We spent a lot of time on this fun swing.  Notice the mountain in the background with lots of clouds concealing the peaks.  Randy and the boys were up there somewhere
In the evenings we got together for dinner and dessert.  The kids played night games outside while the adults talked.

Parker fell asleep with my phone in his hands (which I took away so I could get a picture).  This boy still needs his naps!
My favorite part of this trip was going running around Whistler.  It's such a beautiful place and the temps were perfect for running.  I discovered a paved path that led me to Lost Lake and some awesome running trails.  The scenery was beautiful, with birds chirping and the smell of spring was in the air.  I was in heaven!  Next time I'm making trail running a priority while Randy and the boys ski.
Running through the shady woods was dreamy!

I took this picture to show my sister so she'd be jealous
On the last day there, Randy took the boys to the waffle hut on the top of the mountain that you can only get to by skiing to it.  They loved it!  Too bad I had to stay in the lodge with Parker. 
We came home to our yard in the last stages of spring.  Most of the leaves have lost their blossoms leaving a lush, green canopy of trees.

This is one of my favorite parts of the yard
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. You guys sure know how to have a good time! And I love your yard! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?