Monday, June 20, 2016

School's Out!


Summer is in full swing around these parts and getting to this point was no small task.  The last two weeks of school have been filled with all the end of the year activities so we're all thrilled to relax and enjoy our summer break.

Landon's last play date with these boys.  They've been coming over to our house every Tuesday morning to play before school for most of the year.  Landon has loved it!

Landon's kindergarten field day

I was assigned to bring popsicles but we really needed hot chocolate

Kindergarten graduation - Landon is in the font middle

Landon LOVED his teacher and couldn't wait for school each day
Marcus had his last choir concert and they actually sounded good for a bunch of boys whose voices are changing

Last day of 6th grade
Ethan's last cub scout activity - The Rain Gutter Regatta

Last day of 4th grade - Good bye and good riddance to a tough year with a tough teacher. 

Waiting for the bus on the last day

Here it comes!

Hooray for Ethan!  Hooray for summer!
Summer movie night at our friends house meant a delicious nacho bar with homemade cheese sauce, homemade guacamole and salsa and the great movie Nacho Libre

 And this is me the following morning at the end of my Seattle Rock n' Roll Half Marathon.  Luckily the yummy nachos I ate the night before didn't slow me down at all.  {Sometimes it's nice not having a colon.}  I haven't done a half marathon in 6 years and this one was huge!  40,000 runners kind of huge.  It was my first race of this size where we started in waves and I was placed in the 8th corral out of 30 which means I was pretty fast-ish.  I finished in 1:53 minutes, exactly the same time I finished the DC half marathon back in 2007 when I was much younger, so that felt good.  I had hoped to run a little faster but the Seattle course isn't an easy one.  There are some serious uphills and a couple tunnels to run through which mess up your GPS so pacing is tough.  There were bands performing along the course, cheerleaders from various high schools, a mariachi band singing on an overpass, and taiko drummers under a bridge were just a few of the highlights.  I ran past the Space Needle, along Lake Washington, and saw a boat crew out rowing in the water so it was the whole Seattle experience rolled into one. 

That is a huge line of runners waiting for the port-a-potties.  These lines weaved in, out and around other lines for other groups of toilets.  It was insane!  I gave up waiting and headed to the start for fear I'd miss the race.  They ended up starting the race 15 minute late to give more people time to get there.


Me at the finish line with my sweet medal
And now we are gearing up for Randy's family reunion at Lake Tahoe.  Summer is in full swing around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?