Friday, August 5, 2016

Landon and Parker - Birthday Buddies

Yesterday we celebrated these little dudes' birthdays.  Landon has been talking almost daily about his birthday for the past 364 days so we are all excited to finally get to celebrate it {and hope we hear a little less talk about his next birthday}.  They couldn't agree on what they wanted for their birthday dinner so we had Parker's choice of spaghetti the night before and Landon's pizza on the actual day.  So far sharing birthday celebrations is working out quite nicely!
We spent part of the day at Luther Burbank Park on Lake Washington so we could catch a little bit of the Blue Angels as they flew overhead rehearsing for their big show on Saturday.  It's amazing to me we are still finding new beaches/parks to swim and play at. 
Landon is 7 and Parker is 4.  My baby is 4!!  Heaven help me.   I'll be an emty-nester before I know it

The Blue Angels are amazing but definitely something you have to experience to appreciate



After a pizza dinner we opened presents.  My dad and Kathy granted their request for more Nerf guns and even sent a big box full of Nerf bullets.  Every gift after that was pretty insignificant, even after the unveiling of the new LEGO ROOM!  Seriously, I thought the Lego Room would be a show stopper, especially after Marcus wrapped the door in gift wrap which led to lots of speculation and anticipation.  But at least the Legos are no longer spilling out of their closet and covering their bedroom floor every single day.  And the next time I need to hide in a closet with some chocolate so I can cope, the Lego Room is where I'll be.





The new Lego Room with Legos sorted into bins by color and all the instruction manuals are in a binder.   Oh, and putting those decals on the wall wasn't easy but Marcus and I had fun doing it together and occasionally we open the door to admire our work


We spent the next hour outside watching all four boys shoot each other.  And me.  I learned really fast that getting hit only hurts for a second and then it's fine which made it much easier for me to tell the boys to "suck it up and deal with it" when they cried about getting hit. 



Parker finally got his own scooter.  Now maybe he'll actually learn to ride it!

The birthday cake was the best yet because it was both delicious and easy to make.  It was an ice cream cake and I'm pretty sure this is the cake they will be getting for many years to come if I have my say about it.

Chocolate cake with mint chocolate Tillamook ice cream and crushed Oreos.  Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?