Thursday, October 27, 2016

One Sport Down, Two to Go

Marcus finished his first cross country season yesterday and it went out with a bang.  He raced against 7th and 8th grade boys from five schools on a two-mile course finishing 7th overall.  Pretty impressive since there were about 300+ runners and half of them were a year older.  Even more impressive was that his first mile split was 5:10.  I've never run that fast in my life!  Marcus gets his speed from his dad and all those hours logged on the soccer field help too.
I have to admit, cheering him on at the races this season was a lot of fun because I finally got to watch one of my kids do something I know a little bit about.  I know next to nothing about the other sports.  The day I can sit through a soccer game and recognize when a player is off sides will be a huge victory for me.  And don't even get me started with football.  I thoroughly enjoy watching football and sitting next to Marcus so he can explain everything to me makes it even better but basically I'm still as clueless as I was before I had kids in all these sports.  Embarrassing, I know.
Now that cross country is over, we are back to balancing a life with piano lessons, soccer for Marcus,  and football for Ethan.  It's doable.  Until basketball season starts up....
He finished 3rd against Pacific Cascade Middle School even after falling in the mud

Gotta love those tiny track shorts!

Marcus (one the right) always listened to a special playlist on his kindle while he stretched pre-race

The fastest boys get the front line.  I've always wanted to be fast enough to line up there but having my kid there is good enough for me
Here he is coming out of the finish, barely beating the kid behind him



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?