Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ethan and Landon - Football Legends


Forget that it's December, people.  I've got to post a few pics of my boys playing football.  I finally sat down over my relaxing Thanksgiving break and downloaded a few photos the team photographer took and was quite impressed with what I saw.   It reminded me just how much work went into his football season {and ride coordinating}.  This boy was so busy! He started football in August, then started middle school, and then took up cross country running.   I'm so impressed with how he handled all the big changes in his life and managed to get really good grades too.  His football team never won a game but I loved that when the coach's son lost a record amount of yards, the coach would finally put in Ethan to try to recover some yards and some dignity.  Yes, I am proud of my son for being able to run forward with the ball.  {Apparently not all running backs can do that but when you're the coach's son it seems to be irrelevant.}  I'm also finally catching on to the the politics of youth sports.  If your parents aren't helping to coach or hosting team parties you're not going to play nearly as much as you'd like.  It's pathetic.  But so is the intensity level of youth sports.  You'd think these kids were being groomed for the NFL.  Ethan had to be checked in and weighed before each game an hour prior to game time.  That meant if we had an away game we had to drive him there and sit around for an hour before he even played, then sit around for two more hours watching his game.  It was a sacrifice of love.  But we sure love this boy!





 Too bad Landon's team didn't have a photographer.  I only took 2 pics. But flag football is awesome!  Every kids feels like a star and Landon learned a lot.  But can I just mention those helmets?  They are ridiculous!  Who ever heard of soft helmets?  Must have been invented by some helicopter parent who couldn't handle watching their kid play a sport without some sort of head gear.  When the boys ran out onto the field with their helmets on for the first time the entire crowd started to laugh.  What a joke! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?