Monday, April 30, 2018

Ethan's Birthday

Ethan turned 12!  Woot! Woot!  This kid has been waiting a long time for this big day because now he is no longer going to his church Primary class and he's joined the rest of his friends in the Young Men's program and he has the priesthood.  Ethan is kind, considerate, funny, smart, and athletic.  Most of all, he has a good heart.  He does what's right, even when it isn't easy and I love that about him.  Besides getting a new church suit {which he wasn't thrilled about} he got a penny board and skateboard ramp which has gotten hours of use already.  Randy spoiled him with a big Star Wars Lego set to add to his collection.  Pretty sure that will be Ethan's last Lego set as he's crossing that line from childhood to teenager and is more interested in clothes.

Because we have super supportive parents, both Randy's parents and my dad came up to celebrate.  My dad's flight got in earlier than expected so I took the boys with me to pick him up from the airport and do a little sightseeing.  We went to Alki Beach in west Seattle for lunch and to explore the beach before heading home for the birthday festivities.  It was partly cloudy but still warm so we enjoyed being outside, eating good burgers and fries, and reconnecting.  My dad is the greatest.  I love talking with him and I love that my boys think he's great too. 

Blue Moon Burger didn't disappoint!  I'm proud to say that all my boys like onion rings


Henry warmed right up to my dad.  Cutest thing ever.

Low tide at the beach and no one got wet.  Win! 

Classic Bean, always climbing or hanging from something


Parker's smile cracks me up.  I have no idea how he does it.  It must come from the Balls side :)

Not sure how I feel about my "astronaut shoes."  I bought them online and they are pretty flashy.  But they were cheap so I'll keep wearing them and cringing.

We found this great spot to get a shot of the Seattle skyline while waiting for our shaved ice.

The shaved ice didn't disappoint!  See that big slab of ice cream in Landon's bowl.  Be still my heart!  We will be going back here again.  


Bean's birthday dinner request was breakfast for dinner.  We had breakfast hash and French toast and it was easy and delicious!


Ethan's "fun" presents didn't arrive until the next day.  He was excited to have something to play with!

Saturday was a day full of yard work and sports.  Since Randy took the day off, he got to take all the grandparents with him to watch all the boys' games.  I came and went but they stuck it out from beginning to end.  Poor grandparents.  Way to take one for the team!  I didn't get any pictures of all the action except this one of sweaty Marcus with the grandparents.  He smelled so bad!

We had gorgeous weather on Sunday so after church and quiet time {nap time for me} we went on walks and played in the driveway.  It is beautiful here in the spring and I'm glad our parents got to see that.







1 comment:

Your thoughts?