Wednesday, October 4, 2023

June Wedding


Randy I flew to Utah for a short, one-night trip to attend a wedding at the Draper Temple.  It was so fun to be in the temple with so many of our good friends.  I will never forget sitting in the sealing room next to my bestie Jen, who's husband passed away from cancer.  She squeezed my hand through the whole ceremony as we watched Jake and Anna get sealed for time and all eternity.  Heaven felt so close.  
The dinner reception was held at Sundance and the venue was beautiful!  It was fun seeing old friends--Barb even made the drive up from Cedar City.  I took this picture to show Lucas and Shannon, the parents of the groom, the fun they missed out on while they were busy doing wedding things.


This was the only picture I got of the cute couple.  It's hard to believe that weddings will be just around the corner for my older boys.  You better believe we won't be forking out the money for anything this fancy.  If I get it my way, we will be doing ice cream in the backyard.  

In between wedding events, Randy and I did some shopping, got cookies and drinks from Swig because it's so cliche and so good, and hung out with Randy's siblings for a minute.  

After church on Sunday, we gathered with my siblings, chatted for a bit, Greg finally showed up so we could get a picture, and then we were back to the airport to fly home.  We crammed in so much in our 32-hour trip.  I love that I can leave my boys for stuff like this.  Marcus and Ethan did just fine holding down the fort.  
And I got to meet Beckett, Alicia's baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?