Thursday, April 18, 2024

Family Temple Trip


This event deserved a post of its own.  We went to the temple with everyone (except Marcus) during spring break.  I'm sad to admit we've never gotten all of us together to do this yet.  Someone is always missing!  But this time we felt complete, or at least as complete as we can be while Marcus is in on his mission.  Marcus saw this picture and actually felt bad because we all looked so happy without him.  I told him we still miss him terribly :)

I couldn't get us an appointment until 8pm but we decided to see if there was room for us before dinner time.  Unfortunately there was a huge group from Seattle gathered in the waiting room so I quickly rushed my family down to the baptistry to get in before the crowd descended.  It worked!  Landon and Parker were baptized by Ethan while Henry and I explored the beautiful temple grounds.  If you'd like to know more about what happens inside the temple, go HERE.

Since Henry isn't old enough for a temple recommend to do temple work, he and I explored the gardens and had way too much fun together.  I died laughing at all the faces he pulled as he pretended to hate the beautiful flowers.



After we explored all there was to see, we went into the visitors waiting room.  It was so quiet and peaceful inside and we had about twenty minutes to kill so I read Book of Mormon stories to him.  Henry loved the illustrations of stories we talk about frequently, especially the pictures of battles.  He asked questions and listened so intently.  I know I will never forget this experience with him and look forward to doing this again after Marcus comes home this summer when we really will ALL be together.  Personally, I love going to the temple and attend every week.  The peace I feel while I'm there extends into the rest of my life and I find myself looking forward to going back again and again.  Heaven feels so close in the House of the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?