Thursday, October 3, 2024

Summer This and That

Summer is long gone and I can hardly remember all the things we did.  As school was ending I began to panic as I tried to figure out how I would entertain my children, or should I say how they would entertain themselves.  We've had so many of our friends move away in the past couple years that the summer was looking pretty borking and lonely.  But we made it through and of course, started out strong with schedules and job charts that were quickly disregarded like yesterday's trash.  We didn't do nearly as much boating as we wanted.  The weather was too cold!  And we didn't go anywhere because we save our traveling for winter/spring break.  But summer was great and I survived with minimal friends/play dates and adventuring with only two boys in tow.

weekly park day in Seattle and we were the only ones to show up


After about 4 years of broken doors in the bonus room, I finally bought, re-sized, and painted new doors.  There were multiple trips to Home Depot and to our friends house with actual tools to get this done.  Turns out those door frames aren't the standard size.  But they're done!

Cold summer weather meant lots of hot tubbing

Henry got to play some lacrosse for the first time


Ethan bought an Audi.  He worked hard and bought it (mostly) with his own money.  Not sure how he plans to pay for school but maybe he can charge people for rides in it?


Din Tai Fung with the Johnson's and Henry was in heaven.  Landon ate 23 dumplings!

Henry hanging out while the family did baptisms in the temple






Swimming as the sun sets on Pine Lake = heaven on earth



Henry having fun for once



Free Slurpee day!  Marcus did it right!




Despicable Me 4 - I took the Bishop's kids to the movie with us and tried to hit the $6 Movie Tuesday deal.  Long story short, no deal.  This lame movie cost me over $100.  But at least I scored a discount on popcorn and maxed out the number of times I could refill the bucket which made me feel a little better.

This is the second summer Parker has done DC Speed summer camp.  It's twice a week and the kids basically play recess games like dodgeball, kickball, and capture the flag.  Parker loves it and its not a ton of money either.  Major win!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?