Farmington for the win! We drove down to UT so Landon and Parker could go to BYU lax camp. I timed it so we could be there for the Farmington Festival Days parade and fireworks. I love small town parades! Too bad it was almost a hundred degrees. Thankfully we were in shade so I tried to not move so the sweat was minimal.
Henry's first parade that he can remember. He quickly learned that holding up the bucket meant lots of people throwing candy at him, trying to make a shot.
I love all these cute girl cousins. Henry was waiting for Owen to get back from scout camp so he could have a buddy.
Some of our group
After the parade we went to Alicia's house for a BBQ and pool party. They have a pool and their HOA has a big pool and it was a hundred degrees so it wasn't long before
I wish I had a picture of April and I floating and cooling off. UT is hotter than Hades. It's actually terrible.The Ninja Slushy machine saved the day. So good! So refreshing! We have one too but my boys mostly make milkshakes with it.
Meanwhile Marcus was in Switzerland making friends with a cow wearing bells. Switzerland was his favorite place. No surprise there.
Waiting for fireworks to start. I think it was still 90 degrees.
Henry asks and his request is granted. Pretty cool light saber for watching fireworks though.
We were driving to SLC the next day and it was so hot the car just couldn't cool us off. It was 109 degrees! It was the highest temperature ever recorded in Salt Lake, and we were there for it. How embarrassing that my boys took off their shirts on the drive.
As usual, we are not very reverent but at least we have fun!
It was so cool touring the new visitors center. Getting to tour the inside of a temple that will never be dedicated meant we could all be in the celestial room together, in our casual clothes even, and take pictures. I loved it!
Checking out the baptism font that will never be used for a baptism.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts?