Monday, April 28, 2014

Boston Marathon and More

We hadn't cleaned up or recovered from hosting our big Easter celebration but I didn't care.  I packed up the boys and we drove into Boston to watch the marathon at mile 19.  Even with my careful planning to navigate through the many road closures and detours, we missed seeing the first runners sprinting past by seconds.  Nuts!  That's the best part.  Those guys run so fast it is hard to believe even as you're watching it.  Did you know they run too fast to run on tread mills?  Wish I had that problem!  This had to be the safest race ever.  Policeman were everywhere!
The rest of spring break flew by.  We had sunny weather so the kids were able to play outside most of the time which meant I didn't have to entertain them. We drove over to the Navy base to meet up with Randy to go bowling on the one rainy day we had.  Randy and I did the ultimate nerdiest thing so far and pulled out our very own bowling shoes back from our Seattle Bowling days.  The boys had a great time and of course I felt bad for the old people who had to bowl next to us.  Landon actually helped himself to a drink from their pitcher of soda.  I was so embarrassed and had to buy them another one.  I bought a kite for the boys to fly, thinking that would provide an afternoon of fun.  It cost ten bucks and lasted about ten minutes before they got it caught in the neighbor's tree.  They tried desperately to free it but got yelled at by the neighbor so they came inside in tears.  I took pity on them and let them watch TV after that.
The first runners after the elite men had passed
The crowd goes nuts when they see people like this and it always makes me cry. 
So inspiring!
A marathon on crutches, wow!
36,000 runners this year


 My dream is that one day one of my little dudes will run the Boston Marathon

That's Parker playing with Donnie Osmond's son.  It's a small world when you're a Mormon.
My friend waving to her kids.  Usually she runs with the elite women but she just had a baby and had so slow down.  She still ran it in 3 1/2 hours which is really fast.



Bowling and eating pizza = a really good time

The winner for the slowest rolling ball.  His bowling name:  Carlos


The happiest bowler you'll ever see.  His bowling name:  Bob

Playing outside on Bean's new bike and his bowling name: Donkey Kong






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?