Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Washington D.C. Part 1

Holy smokes!  What a trip!  Ever since Easter we've been going non-stop and now we're back from D.C. and getting ready for visits from both sets of grandparents for Ethan's baptism next week.  But before I get consumed with all that I have to share some highlights of our trip.
First of all, it was fantastic!  We haven't been back to D.C. since we lived there seven years ago.  We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle who entertained my boys in ways I never thought possible.  Between teaching my boys to shoot, driving in their convertibles, and taking motorcycle rides on the Harley, my boys had little interest in the sites at D.C.

Marcus thinks he's so cool
Bean shot the target on his first try

Randy's time was spent at a dental convention where he received his pin/recognition for getting board certified.  This was a BIG deal but since he completed all the requirements a year ago I've already blocked the stressfulness of all it entailed.  Let's just say you should be very, very impressed.  Only a small percentage of endodontists become certified because it is that hard.

getting "pinned" {we staged this after the big fancy ceremony where only the pro photographer was allowed to photograph
The icing on the cake however, was reuniting with my best friend/BYU roommate, Cheryl.  She also has four boys so getting together was a whole new level of crazy fun and we were quite the spectacle.  I laughed until I cried as we drove around D.C. in our minivans packed with boys.  It's amazing how much things have changed since our graduation in 2001.  We reconnected while the boys unleashed their energy at an indoor bounce house while it poured rain all day, talked non-stop while the boys played in "Lego Land", visited the Air and Space Museum, took a trip to the National Zoo, and squeezed in a last-minute BBQ before we had to leave.  "T", my other  BYU roommate was crazy enough to join up with us when work allowed so we had some good times.

We took our zoo to the National Zoo


"Lego Land" - a whole room only for Lego building.
doing boy things
more boy things
Udvar Hazy National Air and Space Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?