Monday, July 14, 2014

Seattle!

We made the cross-country trek to Seattle and had a great time.  The purpose of our trip was to confirm that it's as awesome as we remember so we can start looking for practices when Randy gets out of the Navy in August 2015.  Well, Seattle didn't disappoint!  Our friends were great hosts, letting us stay with them, feeding us good food, and running them to exhaustion all to show us a good time.  As I was swimming in Lake Sammamish I floated on my back and just let my body rise and fall with the waves.  The combination of the cool water, hot sun, boating, and listening to the Killers solidified the awesomeness of Washington. It felt so good I actually shouted, "I love my life!"   Cheesy I know, but better than bursting out in song. Who cares if it rains a lot.  I'm sold.
Randy is too.  He checked out a practice and it looks very promising.  While I was reuniting with old friends he was busy networking and made some good contacts so we have a pretty good idea of what we are getting into. 
My only regret was not taking enough pictures.  I was just having too much fun!
Running laps on the moving sidewalks at the Newark, NJ airport.  Our flight was delayed 3 hours!  ugh.


Pine Lake.  Love the water trampoline.  We used to canoe on this lake in Big Red back in the day.


Marcus reunited with his best friend Matthew.  Life is good!

Boating until sunset. Beautiful!

Randy surfed {BTW, he just removed his stitches from his hand when he was doing the real surfing in RI and sliced himself on the surf fin}

Our friends have a dog and Parker LOVED him.  Poor Charlie will never be the same

More friends

Run Charlie, run!

Our rental and a good reminder that minivans are soooo much better than SUV's.  Unless you like no trunk space and driving in a box.  Then you should totally get one!

Bean loved tubing.  Can you tell?

I made Landon tube with me.  We sang Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" to calm his nerves.  We rocked!

My boys.  Yes, Randy has a 6-pack. 

Jumping off the dock and we even saw an otter swimming around.  Cool!

Parker still loves to snuggle



More reunions

Our friends hosted an open house so we could see everyone.  Of course I didn't take enough pics of everyone.  I was too busy hugging people.



Marcus learned to surf and wake board. 

Goodbye Seattle, hello Utah
Now we are in Utah spending a few days with Randy's family and a week with mine.  Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?