Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

Giving thanks
This year I am thankful for FRAMILY - friends that are just like family.  The Jones Family, {or should I say Framily} drove down from Boston and joined us for the Thanksgiving weekend.  Randy was asking me what I had planned for us to do while they were here and I told him, "Nothing!  It's the Jones's.  We do whatever we feel like doing.  Relax, play games, take a nap, read, whatever!"  And that's exactly what happened.  We made ourselves right at home with each other, ate a ton of food, played games, laughed, slept through movies, watched movies, and took a couple trips to the beach for fresh air and a chance to let our stomachs settle before eating again.
If you don't want to look through all the pics just watch the short video that pretty much sums up what we are thankful for this year.  It took Ethan five minutes to make thanks to the OneDay app.  Get it!  It's so awesome! 



 


Turkey Day started off with a little 5k run
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without football
The Feast!
 I'm so thankful we have a formal dining room.  I'm surprised how often we use it, especially when we entertain.  I'm also thankful we had a small enough group for Thanksgiving that we could eat on my china instead of paper plates. 
The Kids' Table
The brined, flavor-injected, bagged turkey was a delicious success!

Dish Duty

Randy loves his banana cream pie and stayed up past midnight to make it

Laughing to tears as we played Telestrations

Parker was not a fan of the cold beach

The kids hopped around on the rocks like goats and crawled around in the caves underneath


"Look, Mom!  I don't need a coat!"

Marcus torturing his brothers in the basement

RI sunsets are breathtaking, even with an iPhone

A Great place to swing
It wouldn't be normal if there wasn't some sort of dental excitement at our house.  Ivy let Marcus pull her first loose tooth.  Future dentist for sure!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had another great Thanksgiving! Wish we could've been there to eat all your yumminess. We'll plan on next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do I get Randy's pie recipe?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on blogs now. Such a great Thanksgiving! Thank you so much for everything. BFF- Best Framilies Forever.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?