Friday, February 27, 2015

The Valentine's Day Flop

This year was another memorable Valentine's Day.  Memorable because it was so bad I could only laugh about it.  We did our usual heart attack for Family Night where each person made a Valentine for every member of the family.  The activity was supposed to encourage love and compliments.  Apparently Marcus and Ethan need a little work in that area.  As we hung up the hearts Randy said to me, "Well, that was a flop!"



Marcus had to respond to Ethan's stinky feet comment.  Surprisingly they laughed over the whole thing.





Parker got in on the action


Landon drew pictures

Ethan knows the way to my heart

For Valentine's Day I decided I wasn't in the mood to cook a nice meal and eat by candlelight and thought we could take the whole family out to dinner at a buffet.  The boys think an all-you-can-eat buffet is the greatest thing ever and it seemed a like a family friendly way to spend our Valentine's dinner.  We found a great Japanese buffet a year ago that serves tons of sushi, Chinese food, American food, and has a grill where you pick your food and the guy cooks it for you.  I remember thinking the food was pretty good and the place was nice but I think I must've just been really hungry because the food was disgusting and there were some pretty interesting people at the restaurant.  Honestly, it was hard not to stare at some of them.  Ethan was in rare form that night when he dropped a pile of cake and whipped cream all over the floor and Landon's foot and then discovered his hard-boiled egg was actually raw.  That's what happens when you pick it up from the pile of raw food at the Hibachi grill where the guy cooks the food for you.  Randy and I were happy to go home and eat a slice of cheesecake I had made.



 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a kids plate covered with french fries...and sushi. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?