Friday, March 6, 2015

I'm Almost Famous, and It Snowed. Again.

My friend, Mel, over at www.melskitchencafe.com {the best recipe blog ever} asked me to submit a little write-up about my running story.  You can check it out here. It's nothing special but I feel flattered she asked me because she has a huge following.
And now onto a subject that makes me so angry I could spit! The weather.  It keeps snowing and it's so cold the snow is going to be on the ground for another month.  On any given day the temperature is 20-40 degrees below the average.  It's insane!  Yesterday we were supposed to have a small flurry of snow but it basically snowed all day.  The roads were awful and school should have been canceled but we've had so many snow days {most of which were unnecessary} we are going to be in school until June 25th.  I've never done so much shoveling and our piles of snow are so high I made the boys walk on top of them to pack them down a little lower so I didn't have to toss the snow so high.  Usually it's too windy for the snow to coat the trees but this last storm transformed everything into a winter wonderland which would be so great if it wasn't March!  I'm also trying to train for the Cape Cod Ragnar and it is getting so pathetic running laps around my neighborhood because the main roads are too narrow and icy for both cars and people to be on the road at the same time.  Randy made the most of it by scheduling a winter camp out for his scouts.  Miraculously no one froze and I saved the day by bringing them hot chocolate.
A year ago we were doing this
Now we are doing this.  Yes, I truly deserve your sympathy.

Too much snow to swing
Ethan walking to the bus stop in boots and mittens
Our snowy basketball hoop.  Will we ever play on it again?  I wonder.
Scout camp!

Looks like fun, right?
Winter camping survivors
Don't be fooled by the beauty.  The air is so cold it hurts my face.  Why do I live where the air hurts my face?

Bean strikes a pose on the frozen lake.  The snow and ice were so thick he didn't know he was on a lake until I told him.

3 comments:

  1. I guess now isn't the time to mention that my kids didn't have to wear their snow boots once this winter to school. Before you hate me too much, we did survive half a decade in Wisconsin/Minnesota winters and so I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. The running article....not the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the running article. Still amazed that you, all your sisters, my dad, my sister love running SO much. I'm still at the point where every mile is a HUGE deal. (especially if I do more than one in a row). You're amazing! Wish you lived closer!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?