Friday, May 29, 2015

The Bucket List is in Full Swing

The countdown is on.
Randy has a job {I'm super excited but he told me not to make a big deal about it and deleted my celebratory blog post}, we are in the middle of purchasing a home, and will be leaving RI the last week in July. 
In an attempt to make every second count, we crossed another thing off our bucket list: Purgatory Chasm.  Doesn't it just sound ominous?  Well it was pretty scary.  Even I, a person who disregards most safety precautions much to Randy's chagrin, was constantly scanning the area as I waited for someone to plunge to their death.  It was a wonder no one got hurt which makes me feel foolish for worrying.  That's Randy's job.
Randy took his scouts on an over-nighter to Block Island which is one of our most favorite places in New England.  We've have only been there once and going the second time with the scouts made Randy remember the awesomeness of Block Island so he bought us all souvenir t-shirts.  I mocked him for it and then made everyone wear them on the same day just so I could laugh because the boys have never been there but now they look like big fans.  So here are the pics from Purgatory Chasm and Block Island.
Finally, one of my boys gets to go with Randy on his scouting adventures!

Marcus was quite proud of cooking the bacon by himself.  I have failed as a mother if he thinks that qualifies as cooking.

Block Island beaches are gorgeous
Marcus crashed on the couch the next day.  Randy isn't the only one who doesn't get any sleep on these campouts
We LOVE Block Island.  Maybe someday we will all go there together!

Picnic at the park

A playground that is actually fun!  And it spins!
Purgatory Chasm - my boys were in climbing heaven


We kept Parker alive by keeping him in the backpack




The forest was beautiful



Entering the slot


Slurpees tasted heavnly after the humid hiking

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to either of those spots. But they're on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?