Thursday, June 4, 2015

I Bike


Too bad our house sold because our friends are on a mission to show us such a good time in Rhode Island that we'll never leave.  They are definitely on the right track but all I have to do is think about the winters we've had here and any attempts on their part are a complete waste of time.  But our bike ride last week was a very valiant attempt indeed. 
We all met up in the early hours of the morning and biked along the coast for ten miles.  We rode past beautiful beach homes I've never noticed before because we don't have time to see them when we drive past in the car.  We ate at this quaint little restaurant called T's that only serves breakfast and I'm kicking myself that I haven't eaten there sooner.   The food was delicious and the walls were covered in beautiful artwork painted by the owner depicting beach scenes from the area.  After stuffing ourselves we rode back to our rendezvous point and everyone went their separate ways.  We all had such a good time {probably because everyone left their kids at home} that we made plans to do it again next weekend.  I had such a good time riding my bike that I've started biking in the mornings to change things up from my usual running workouts. 


Speaking of running, yesterday was National Running Day so the boys and I ran around the nearby track a few times to celebrate.  Note to self:  Running after dinner is painful!


1 comment:

Your thoughts?