Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Another Birthday

My birthday was on Sunday and it was the busiest birthday I can remember having.  Randy and I spoke in church and I held choir practice at our home afterwards which added to the busy day.  We also had friends over for dinner because Randy bought two cheesecakes so of course we needed to share them. {We still have some left over so I eat a slice for breakfast and a slice after dinner.  I told you I was addicted!}
We collapsed into bed that night and I thanked Randy for all he did to make the day special {getting the boys ready for church, ironing their clothes, feeding them breakfast, cleaning the kitchen, etc}.  Randy responded that it wasn't a big deal.  It was all stuff I usually do anyway.
I thought about what he said for a second and my jaw just about dropped through the floor.  He was right!  I do all that stuff on a regular basis every day.  And I make it look easy.  Well, sometimes.  Anyway, besides delicious mango-key lime cheesecake, and white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake, the best gift I received was a break from all the things I have to do on a daily basis and the realization that my husband appreciates me for doing all those things.  So happy birthday to me.  I'm 37 years old and yes, some lady at church asked me if I still had kids living at home so apparently I look more like I'm 57 years old.  I love my life.
Marcus my mini Me

2 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how much Marcus looks like you! I've shown all my family. I always thought he looked like Randy....I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?