Wednesday, October 7, 2015

All in a Day's Work


Sheesh!  A lot can happen in one day around here.  I get up at 4:58am so I can get to a 5:15am boot camp class and my day just keeps going from there.  I've got Randy going with me now so we're both waking up way too early.
Last week I went to my first Adventure Tuesday.  A friend from church started this up about five years ago when I lived here before.  She plans a fun activity every Tuesday for women and kids are not allowed!  So it's rare I can go because I have to find someone to watch my two dudes, but this one was worth it because we played bubble soccer.  It was so hilarious and surprisingly a really good workout.  Those balls are heavy!  We bounced around, rolled around, and slammed into each other, occasionally scoring a goal here and there.  I have visions of doing this with a bunch of couples for a date night, or even letting my boys do it for a birthday party.

 I've also been busy potty training Parker.  He has been my most difficult child yet.  Luckily he's happy to "run to the potty!" when I remind him to do it but the second I forget I know we're in trouble.  What a stinker!  I thought he'd be my one kid who just kinda took to it but no.  Apparently that only happens to other people.  But he doesn't wet the bed so that's awesome. 

New underwear, a new toy to play with when he's dry, and lots of juice and salty treats to keep things flowing


Fall sports are still going strong.  Randy is coaching Landon's soccer team (along with TWO other dads which is so pathetic.  Talk about too many cooks in the kitchen!)  They have a half-hour practice before the game so at least it's all rolled into one.  Landon scores goal after goal while the other kids stand there or hold their mom's hand.  Seriously, it's kind of pathetic. I went to the first game and haven't been back.  I told Randy he's on his own because I can't stand watching the whole thing and I don't want to do or say something I'll regret.




Ethan is still playing soccer and pretty much hates it even though he begged me to sign him up.  His best friend is on the team and his dad is the coach but all the other kids go to another school and are pretty good friends so Ethan feels left out.  I'm using this experience to teach him a lesson in commitment and we are toughing it out while anxiously waiting for the season to end (in six loooong weeks).

A beautiful day for soccer.  Ethan's team hasn't won a game yet but it's not about winning, right?

In the meantime, Ethan is LOVING his new friends here.  He has quite the busy social calendar with play dates schedules a couple times a week.  This is reason enough for me to jump for joy that we moved here.
Ethan and friends playing soccer in our backyard
And last, I did something very unlike me and took action.  I got the kindergarten bus stop moved from up the street to relocate to the end of our driveway.  It's pretty sweet.
Waiting for the bus and yes, Parker is wearing part of his Halloween costume.  He'd sleep in it if I let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?