Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Only Success

I stunk it up this summer as far as parenting goes.  I usually make a few goals for my kids so they don't become complete couch potatoes but this summer it was all about survival.  Thanks to Ethan, I can still walk with my head held high because this was the summer I was finally able to convince him to read the Harry Potter books and now he is addicted {meaning he reads by choice}.  And let me tell you, this boy is a reading machine!  He reads everywhere he can and once stayed up until midnight reading.  It makes me so happy seeing him read.  Marcus also loves reading but will only read at night before bed.  It drives me crazy to know that he's in the middle of a good book and would rather sit around bored, begging me to let him watch TV instead of read.  I'm currently teaching Landon how to read and hope we'll get another avid reader in the family.  I figure if my boys aren't brainiacs like their dad, at least a love for reading might make up for it.





1 comment:

  1. The one of him climbing into the car made me laugh out loud. -Carole

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?