Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Give Thanks


I have so much to be thankful for I have to take a moment from the chaos and put my gratitude into words.  I'm so thankful for my family.  I love Randy and my boys so much.  So often when I look at all of them together I am overwhelmed at how lucky I am to have them.  I never imagined my life could be so good.
I am grateful to be a mother.  I never thought I could have such deep feelings of fulfillment spending so much time doing mundane things like cooking, cleaning, and running errands but for whatever the reason is, I absolutely love it. Of course it can be hard and frustrating and there are many times all I want to do is run from the house screaming, but for the most part I am happy to be doing what I'm doing.
I am grateful for books.  I love to read and I love that reading takes me away to a different time or place {which is probably what helps me cope when I want to run from my house screaming}.  Books give me something to think about when I'm folding laundry and provides lots of discussion with my sisters and friends as we share our thoughts together.  I love that as I read good books I am reminded of my good parents who taught me to love readying by their example.
I am grateful I live in Washington.  I don't know why I love it here so much but I do.  I love being surrounded by tall beautiful pine trees that remind me of family vacations camping in the Redwood forests as a child.  The fresh clean air with a faint smell of pine needles always lifts my spirits even on the rainiest of days.  I am truly in awe of the beauty that surrounds me.
I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who has given me all these wonderful things.  I never thought I'd be living outside of Utah.  I never thought I'd be a mother to four of the most awesome boys I know.  And I never thought I'd marry such an amazing man.  My life is so much better than anything I could have done on my own, which reminds me every day that God is in control of the details of my life and knows my potential better than I do.

I am thankful that my boys still hold my hands
I am thankful that this path through the woods is across the street from my house
 


I am thankful I get to see this out the window as I wash dishes

I am thankful for brother love
I am so thankful for this family of mine!
 We are spending Thanksgiving in Canada, skiing at Whistler.  I can't even describe how excited we are for this little family getaway.  Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Love! And I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I will be more grateful for you when you're here visiting me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?