Monday, November 16, 2015

Veteran's Day

The sun came out on Veteran's Day.  Unfortunately the morning was half over before I realized it wasn't going to rain all day and I wished I had gone through with my original plan to take the boys into Seattle for some sightseeing.  Instead we ended up going for a bike ride to the grocery store for sushi and donuts.  I know what you're thinking.  Sushi and donuts do not go together.  But we eat sushi for lunch and donuts for dessert. 
This bike ride was entertaining for a couple reasons.  Marcus couldn't ride a bike with his cast on so I made him ride his long board.  Landon is the slowest, most cautious biker I've ever seen so it was a true test of my patience to allow him to bike instead of ride in the Chariot but when the chariot tire exploded (seriously) when I was pumping it up I had no other choice.  You better believe I'll be getting the Chariot fixed before our next biking adventure!  I ended up putting Parker on my back in our awesome 80s backpack because I had no other options.  Since Parker is a huge 3 year old this looked pretty funny and I'm sad I didn't get a picture.  Trust me when I say I'm glad we didn't see anyone we knew as we rode along.  Despite our slow-as-snails pace, we had a good time and it brought back lots of memories of our bike rides when we lived here before moving to Rhode Island.


 I found some pics from the last time we did this, four years ago I think.
Same booth, same food, bigger boys


Marcus and Ethan have grown up a lot in 4 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?