Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Our House is Falling Apart

Parker started preschool!  This is a huge deal because three times a week I am completely childless for four hours straight.  It's so wonderful!  It's so quiet!  It's so wonderfully quiet!  I have quickly realized that my day is still filled with things that need to get done, the only difference is I don't have my little Parker shadow following me around.

We are in the middle of making lots of decisions over our master bathroom remodel, replacing Marcus's shower, and fixing our leaky roof.  Yes, our house feels like it's falling apart and yes, most of the repairs are fixing things the previous owners had done in the short 9 months they lived in the house.  Nothing was done right or up to code.  Being a home owner is so fun sometimes {insert eye roll here}.  I have a new respect for my brother-in-law who runs his own construction company.  I can't handle all the decisions we have to make and they all come with a hefty price tag.  For example, should I pay a lot of money for something that looks good or even more money for something I really, really like because everything I like is never what's cheapest?  And whatever I pick out won't go out of style in a few years, right?  Ugh.  These questions keep swirling around and around in my mind all day long.  I actually hired a designer friend to help me out but finally put a big pause on the project because the deadlines were piling up and too many decisions were being made late at night when my brain can no longer think rationally.  But we are glad to get Marcus's shower back to functioning again.  It was a long three months of sharing one shower between the whole family. 
Marcus's shower before the glass doors went on.  One project down, a million more to go!

Shopping for tubs that I will never use.  They are expensive.  The alternative:  putting a couch in the bathroom to fill up the empty space.  We decided to get a tub.

No surprise that I was halfway through grocery shopping when I noticed I still had my slippers on.  Evidence of my craziness!

Picking out matching shingles was a lot easier because of this picture.  So glad our leaky roof is fixed.  That's kind of important in WA

My favorite tile options for now (top is for the floor, gray is shower walls, chevron is shower floor)  Don't get too attached.  I'm going to change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?