Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Little of This, a Little of That

It's still fall so I'm going to throw a few random happenings on here that make this fall memorable.  First of all, the leaves are still gorgeous, our street in particular. I wish I'd slowed down long enough to take a picture that wasn't from the inside of my van but oh well.  Just know that our street is really pretty and has become quite the hot spot for family photos this year.

Snapped this quick shot on a Saturday run.  I love running on the weekend when I get to run after the sun is up
This view outside our bedroom windows is nice too
Parker went on his first field trip with his preschool class to Fox Hollow Farm

He knew just what to do on this thing


Holding a baby bunny all by himself

Ninjas, princesses, and eskimos
And he came out from school all dressed up from a circus activity.  Seriously so cute!  Preschool is just the best!
And this proves Parker still needs a nap, just not every day.  How can anyone sleep like that is beyond me.  Poor kid.
 Ethan caught a lizard all the way back in June.  He named him Larry and sort of took care of him for the past several months, when he remembered or I nagged him about it that is.  Larry spent most of his time hanging out in a big weeding bucket in the corner of the family room.  Well one day Ethan starts yelling, "Larry had a baby!  Larry had a baby!"  Yep.  Larry was a girl after all and that's when Randy and I said in no uncertain terms that his days living in a bucket in our house were over.  Ethan was sad for about five minutes and then started playing with Legos.  Crisis averted.

Saying goodbye to Larry and her baby
Ethan designed and built this huge ship all by himself.  He spent hours on it.  Be impressed.

Ethan also enjoys catching frogs whenever we mow the lawn

Brother love is the best!

Landon is OBSESSED with football.  And soccer.  Here he is watching the Seahawks game in his team jersey that he would wear every day if I let him
And Marcus is contributing to our family in ways I've only dreamed of.  He helped Randy pull out a couple trees in the middle of the back lawn and it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't so big and strong.  Seriously.  Randy's back went out so it was up to Marcus to save the day.  Turns out manual labor of this intensity gets done without any whining or complaining.  I guess it's all about feeling like a man and not your mom's slave.  I also taught Marcus how to make bread sticks and he's been making them for a few months now.  They are delicious and I remind him girls will fall in love with any guy that knows his way around the kitchen. 

This little patch of landscaping takes a big chunk out of our precious lawn area where the boys play soccer and football so it had to go.  We are wondering why we didn't do this sooner!

Randy was using a hand saw until I came out and screamed at him.  His hands are priceless!  So I did it instead.

Heavenly bread sticks.  There are NEVER any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?