Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Too Many Boys

As if I didn't have enough boys in my life, I'm also a den leader in Cub Scouts.  We meet every Wednesday and the logistics involved in making this fit into a day that is already packed full is something of a wonder. 
On Wednesday, the elementary kids get out of school two hours early and Marcus gets out of school an hour later because he starts late on Wednesday morning.  Typically Wednesday afternoons are the one day of the week when the boys have scheduled play dates but since my Cub Scouts meet at 4pm, that throws a wrench in the works.  So today Landon is having 2 buddies over after school for a short play date, then on my way to scouts I'll drop them at home and pick up Marcus who has to walk to a friend's house where he'll be waiting until I can get to him.  Then it's off to Cubs where I get to entertain/teach a bunch of rowdy 8-year-olds while my four boys goof off in the gym.  Then we race home, dropping off scouts along the way, eat a quick dinner, then it's back to the church so Marcus and Ethan can go to scouts and Young Men's.  Sounds fun huh?  You wouldn't believe the steady stream of texting required from me and the other mothers of all these boys to make everything work.  Last week I got home from everything and realized I never remembered to pick up Landon from his play date and had to race back the way I'd just come and apologize to the other mom for being a half hour late.  Thankfully not every day is like this or I'd never survive.
Thankfully I get to work with two women who are awesome and amazing moms in Cub Scouts.  They each have four boys of their own and are just as frazzled on Wednesdays as I am.  We outdid ourselves last week and even took the boys on a little field trip to the family history center and the temple to fulfill one of their requirements.  The missionaries and volunteer had no idea what they were in for when we brought our group in but it sure was a cool place.  Each boy got their own tablet that they could dock at different stations and use the touch screens on the wall to navigate through their personal information.  Luckily we left before anything was broken.  We walked around the temple grounds, thankful for an unusually warm, sunny fall day, then ended the trip with ice cream.  Yep, my friends and I outdid ourselves on this one.
7 boys in the van watching Star Wars

Here we are telling the boys to be good or they are dead

Lining up to receive their tablets




Here's where my ancestors came from - England and Sweden




Ice Cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?