Sunday, March 5, 2017

I Met Mel

The stars aligned and I was finally able to meet up with friends from my BYU days, Brian and Mel.  Brian was one of my good friends and I got to know Mel before we all got married, just days apart from each other.  In fact, Brian and Mel hosted a farewell party for Randy and me the day before we moved out to Boston, so we go way back.  We've kept in touch over the years through Christmas cards and our family blogs since she and I are pretty much the only people who still update our blogs {which is such a sad thing because Facebook is a lame way to keep in touch with people in my opinion}.  If you don't recognize Mel from the picture, she is the famous Mel from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
I've often referred to her cooking blog as "the only blog that matters" and it's true!  She's been blogging for years and her recipes can't be beat.  I love it when I share a delicious recipe of my own  with her and it makes the cut to be posted on her blog so I get to feel famous for a day.  When I told the boys about our pit stop, Landon said, "You mean we get to meet Mel's Kitchen Cafe?!"
Anyway, I dropped in on them on the drive home and boy, did I have a great time!  Mel fed us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch which was no big deal for her but they were seriously so delicious!  Made on homemade bread with a sprinkle of seasoning put them over the top and my boys still rave about them.  We talked non-stop between bites of food and the boys wasted no time getting a football game going in the backyard. 

Check out all those boys {with the exception of cute Cam}. I hope we will be seeing more of them in the future or at least when all our boys room together at BYU!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Why does life get so busy that we fail to keep up on important things. Love this. And what a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?