Monday, April 3, 2017

The Bathroom Remodel from Hell


My bathroom is finished.  Finally.  If I go into much detail my anger will consume me so let's just say we are glad it's done.  And I'm even more glad that I no longer have a toilet sitting in my bedroom along with piles of tile, grout, paint, boxes, tools, and bags of garbage.  Knowing the price of home improvement projects {both the cost and the stress} has changed my perspective on how I view my home.  I no longer look at a room and see all of its imperfections or even its potential to be what I want it to be.  It's good enough and it's going to stay that way.  Even if the house starts to crumble around me.  It is good enough!
I'm really wishing I had taken better "before" shots so you could compare the two.  I'm also wishing I had been home when Randy started to paint.  I like the blue paint but hadn't planned to paint the whole bathroom with it, but trust me, I'm not changing it!


 We walled in the shower because I absolutely loathed the glass that never stayed clean.  Or feeling like I was on a stage.  Do you know how many times my boys walk in on me when I'm in the shower?  They are happy the glass is gone too.


We kept the ugly shower head because it's pretty amazing the way it shoots out water a bunch of different ways and saved us couple thousand dollars.  And since no one sees it unless they actually get in the shower, I think it was worth it.  But yes, it's ugly.


I love this tub!  I've actually used it too and it was bliss.  And when the leaves are out, the windows overlook beautiful, green forest without a neighbor in sight so we don't have to close the blinds.  My second favorite feature is the new flooring.  It's tile, not wood.  I love it!  Randy hates it.  I tried and tried to find something we both liked and finally told him to suck it up because the ship lap tile was staying. 

I also LOVE the tub hardware.  It's my favorite thing about the whole bathroom.  It looks like an old fashion telephone and I smile every time I look at it.




We replaced the big mirror with two medicine cabinets so now we have enough storage space that nothing has to be on the counter {if I actually put everything away of course}, and we moved the lights which caused more drama, time, and money which just made me wonder something.  Do contractors purposely make mistakes just so the project will take longer and cost more money?  Hmmm..... 

So there you have it.  It's finished.


3 comments:

  1. Everything really turned out well. That was a long time in coming but at least it is done and mission accomplished. Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I visit can I use your bathroom?!?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?