Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bear Lake Family Reunion


I do crazy things.  Like take a 10-day old baby on a flight.  I had no choice {because staying at home wasn't an option}.  This family reunion was planned before I knew I was pregnant.  I didn't think my little family would end up going because of a new baby and being just weeks away from Randy opening his new office.  Then Randy told me he was leaving for 3 days in August to go camping with his scouts.  This was after leaving for 4 days to go to scout camp the week before Henry was born.  I decided if Randy could go do fun scout things I could go to Bear Lake.  I wasn't even expecting him to come along to Bear Lake but he did.  Thank goodness!
We got up early in the morning {and let me just say that getting a family of seven packed up and out the door to the airport is no small task and I feel like should have gotten some sort of award for it} to catch our flight to Salt Lake.  Then we had a two and a half hour drive up to Bear Lake so basically we traveled all day to get there.
We hung out with family and I thoroughly enjoyed watching my kids play with their cousins and spending some time with Randy.  We stayed in a pretty sweet cabin that had enough rooms for each family, and a fun yard with toys, volleyball court, playground, and fire pit to keep everyone entertained.  We enjoyed Bear Lake and played around on paddle boards and kayaks, and Randy rented a wave runner to keep things extra fun.
I hardly took any pictures and spent the majority of my time sitting somewhere by myself so I could nurse Henry.  If you look at my sister's blogs then you'll get a much better idea of the fun that went on.  After two short days of reunion we packed up and traveled back to WA so we could host an open house for our friend's daughter who got married.  I have not pictures of the open house but just know that Randy has spent countless hours working in the yard, the boys and I have been weeding like crazy all summer long, and I spent most of that night up in my room nursing Henry. 
And now my time is pretty much up on the computer so here's some pics in a totally random order...
 These birthday buds celebrated their birthday before we flew home

 Flying with my crew


ice caves (that I never made it to)

 A parade that I never made it to but the kids got a ton of candy and Marcus got a free shirt


An intense game of tether ball


My genius sister brought her charging station which was so convenient for all the phones.  What has the world come to that this is now a necessity?


 Megan and Kate snugging with Henry


 One of many trips to discover exactly which place sells the best shakes (they all taste the same to me)





 I still like to pretend Parker is my baby




Just hanging out

 Kate's birthday celebration



 The glow stick tradition lives on!

 Marcus snugging Henry

The boy cousins that are inseperable




 Pool time!




Randy's mom met us at the airport for a quick visit before we flew home.  

The End


1 comment:

  1. Melanie, what you have gone through this summer!!!! Wonder Woman has NOTHING over you. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?