Thursday, August 10, 2017

More Henry


Life with a newborn is busy.  I forgot how much time they take up!  I pretty much live on the couch nursing the day away, burping Henry after feeding him, or changing his diaper.  Then the cycle repeats itself.  I'm not complaining, just stating the facts because it's amazing how busy I feel yet have pretty much nothing to show for it except for more pictures of the cutest baby on the planet.
Since it's taking me way too long to update my blog, just know that ever since I came home from the hospital after a blissful two-day stay (I usually only stay 24 hours but they made me stay longer for Henry), we flew to UT for my family reunion at Bear Lake, celebrated Landon and Parker's double birthday, and hosted an open house in the backyard for our friends daughter who just got married.  And before I went to the hospital we celebrated Randy's 40th birthday so I'm way behind. 
Here are some more pics of Henry because if I post about anything else I know I'll get complaints.  The rest of the stuff can wait, right?
Henry is three weeks old tomorrow and growing longer by the day, but not fatter.  He's 90th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight.  And his head is growing so fast they're keeping an eye on it.  Just like Parker who has the biggest head ever!  Poor kid.
I have picture after picture of the boys holding Henry.  As soon as they get their hands on him they ask me to take their picture and I'm happy to oblige.  Marcus and Ethan fight over who gets to hold Henry the way they fight over the remote or who gets to ride shot gun.  It's super annoying!  Henry is doing great though.  He usually wakes up only once at night and only fusses when I change his diaper.  I'm still snuggling him every chance I get and he is the first baby I've allowed to sleep in bed with me.  I'm soaking it all in, people.  If Henry could permanently stay in the newborn phase I would have no problem spending the rest of my days snuggling him.



 Five minutes home from the hospital and Marcus wasted no time getting comfy and snuggling Henry

Parker becomes a big brother


 Coming home from the hospital









Once in a while we get out so the big boys can do something fun like swim at the lake but mostly this cute baby has caused us to have a pretty lame summer.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you live so far away?!!!! I need my Henry fix! You're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a handsome baby Mel! Those baby cuddles are the absolute best! Miss you!
    -Angie Kasuske

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?