Saturday, September 30, 2017

Landon Got Baptized

Landon got baptized on September 2, 2017.  This special day came just after surviving the first few days of school and my cancer ordeal so the celebration was definitely sub-par.  Months before I tried to talk Landon into getting baptized in December because it would be much more convenient with our busy lives but he wouldn't budge and I guess I'm not too proud of trying to convince him to put it off.  So it happened without any of the fanfare or special family traditions I usually do but Landon is definitely my one son who couldn't have cared less.  I'm just glad we remembered to take pictures!  Both our parents came out for the baptism and Henry's baby blessing the next day.  They took care of all the meals while they were here and I thoroughly enjoyed doing nothing to help with the cooking or cleaning.  But back to the baptism....
It went flawlessly.  Landon was so nervous but he did great and decided not to swim around in the font afterwards, although I thought it was a cool idea of his.  After Landon was confirmed we raced home as Ethan changed into his football gear in the back of the van so he could make it to his first football game.  Ethan played great and was happy his grandparents were there to cheer him on.
Randy blessed Henry the next day at church.  We kept it simple and only invited the grandparents, Randy's Uncle Ken, and the bishopric to participate.  Because Marcus has the priesthood he got to stand near the circle of men to hold the microphone so that was cool that he was able to get in on the action a little bit.  Randy did a great job acting as though his stress level was normal and our lives aren't completely chaotic and barely tolerable so the weekend went well.  Everyone tells us we will forget all this stress in a couple years.  I hope so!


 My face looked tons better than I expected but was still swollen and bruised so I tried to keep it out of the pictures as much as possible.

Parker was much more interested in his Lego creation than smiling for the camera




Here's Henry in the traditional baby blessing outfit.  All the boys except for Marcus were blessed in this little get up.  I think it's cute.  Marcus thought it was the nerdiest thing ever and posed Henry with his hand in his pocket.


 
I love this picture with my boys.  Henry looks so cute!


We spent the rest of the weekend hanging around, going on walks, and eating good food that I didn't have to make.



Of course I made the boys perform for their grandparents on the piano



Henry looks kinda creepy in this photo but I love his little jammies.  He's all relaxed because he spent the day being loved by Dad and Kathy instead of being dragged around with me on my endless errands.  Looking back on this weekend I'm just glad I survived it without any major emotional breakdowns {post-partum anxiety + cancer is a bad combination} but I think it turned out ok.


2 comments:

  1. I like that Reed and your dad match at the baptism! Landon's a fun kid. Tyler loves hanging out with him.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?