Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter 2018


We had another great and memorable Easter.  We invited a few families over for dinner and a couple other families to join us for the egg hunt and dessert after dinner.  We started the day with a yummy breakfast of sausage, eggs, and the best cinnamon rolls in all the land.  All the boys were loving that we finally had a lazy Sunday morning because it was General Conference, instead of a mad rush of chaos to get to church at 8:45am.  For my boys, listening to General Conference usually means playing with LEGOS.  They build while I listen and sometimes I help them find pieces so I don't fall asleep.  It was bliss! 

The LEGO explosion after a day of listening to conference
After 2 lacrosse games, 1 soccer game, and HOA meeting, and priesthood session, we were finally able to decorate eggs at 9pm.  I was so thankful to get to sleep in the next morning!


During the Sunday afternoon session, Landon wasn't with us.  I was all ready to burst into his room, point my finger at him just like my mom used to do to me when I was in trouble, and tell him to get downstairs to listen to conference.  Instead, I opened his door to find him quietly working at his LEGO table while he listened to conference on his Kindle.  What was more impressive to me was that he figured out how to find conference all by himself using the LDS app.  What a stud!

Our Easter feast with friends.  Believe it or not, there were actually a few kids missing from this picture.


I spent a couple hours on Saturday cleaning the deck, wiping down the patio furniture, and even washing the windows after a long winter of neglect.  The weather was sunny and warm and I anticipated being able to eat outside the next day for Easter dinner.  Then I checked the weather on my phone and my jaw dropped.  The forecast was 41 degrees with rain mixed with snow.  I couldn't believe it!  All that work for nothing.  I even power washed the deck!  Grrrrrr.

The teenagers hid all the eggs {or dumped them on the ground, Marcus} and all these younger kids were chomping at the bit to get outside and find the eggs.  Randy hid the golden egg {with $10} way up in a tree for the teenagers to find.  Shortly after the hunt ended, it started to snow/hail.  We finished just in time!


Happy Easter!  It was a wonderful day celebrating that the Savior lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?