Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween 2018


It's the day after Halloween and I'm already posting about it!  I'm on top of things today, people.  Halloween was great fun.  Lots of chaos, noise, candy, yelling about missing costume pieces, driving kids to various parties, and of course trick-or-treating.  I never got a picture of all the boys together because they never were together.  Ethan was off with his friends trick-or-treating to every home in Sammamish and Marcus was attempting to hit 3 different parties.  (He only made it to 2 because I refused to drive him anymore.  I'm so mean.)
 This year I hosted a little Halloween dinner.  I made some yummy soup, the McBride's brought a big salad, and the Brandt's brought over cornbread and sides.  It was fun and easy but next year I think I'll skip dinner altogether and just let the kids go trick-or-treating earlier and then eat after we get home.  But dinner was fun, it was just quick.  Normally sitting around the table with good friends and good food while we visit the night away is my favorite thing about having friends over but dinner on Halloween really meant we had to eat and then run.  By the time we finished our rushed dinner and got the kids trick-or-treating it was still an hour later than when we usually start and totally dark.  The boys were so antsy to get going they were running a full-on sprint from house to house.  It was impressive to say the least.
 It wasn't rainy and was so warm out I didn't even wear a jacket.  It was a Halloween miracle!

I really wish I had better pictures of the kids in their costumes but honestly, this is as good as it gets and I didn't buy a single costume this year.  

Marcus wore Randy's scrubs and went to his parties dressed as a doctor, Ethan threw on his shark costume at the last second, Landon wore Ethan's football gear for the second year in a row so he could be a football player, and Parker switched from being Jerry the Mouse to a Star Wars storm trooper.  Henry wore the dinosaur costume that all of my boys wore except for Ethan.  Henry got lots attention for being ridiculously cute as he walked around growling.

 Ethan was with his friends all day so we never saw him.  He got enough candy to open up a store!

Parker wearing a cute mouse costume at the trunk-or-treat party
He got his face painted and looked even cuter but still refused to wear anything but the storm trooper costume to school on Halloween Day.

And here are a ton of blurry pictures of Henry.  This boy is fast and always on the go.  But since he's so cute I keep trying to take his picture.  We are still obsessed with him.



those cheeks!

Henry running for his life

That cute tail gets me every time
And I don't have a single picture of Landon.  He didn't go to the trunk-or-treat party because he was at a birthday party and I never remembered to get a picture of just him before trick-or-treating.  What can I say?  He is the middle child.


And here is the cutest picture of Ethan way back in 2006.  He didn't wear the dinosaur costume because I dressed him as a horse (Marcus was a cowboy).  Cutest kid ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?