Friday, November 16, 2018

I'm Grateful for Grandma


I have to tell you about my grandma.  She is an amazing lady.  She raised 9 kids and has a ton of grandkids.  I think there's about 45 grandchildren which means I have a ton of cousins and since I'm one of the oldest, I barely know half of them.  And now that me and all my cousins are having kids of our own, Grandma's got even more great-grand kids.  It's one giant family tree! 
Now here's the amazing part:  She gives everyone a gift for their birthday.  Every.Single.Person.  All the kids, all the grand kids, all the grand kids' spouses, and all the great-grand kids.  There is usually a birthday happening almost daily, sometimes a couple on the same day and the fact that she sends actual gifts/cards, not just a text or an email is seriously mind blowing.  You might think it's because Grandma loves to shop or really likes going to the post office but that's not it at all.  She just wants everyone be remembered and to feel of her love.
My boys can always count on a gift arriving in the mail from "Grandma Great" and they love that she always remembers them.  They only get to see her about once a year but they stay connected through her gifts and they know she is the nicest lady ever .  This year Grandma gave me a set of measuring cups.  Nothing fancy but special to me because she knows me well enough to know that I love baking and am too cheap to replace basic kitchen items that I've had since I got married.  So now I have a new set of measuring cups and every time I use them I feel a little love from Grandma.  It's so awesome!   And since my Grandma reads my blog faithfully I have to give her a shout out...
Thanks for the measuring cups, Grandma!  I love you! And next time I see you I'm getting a picture of the two of us so I can post it :)



3 comments:

Your thoughts?