Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Grandpa Came

A couple weeks ago my dad came for the weekend.  Kathy was on a trip with her daughter so he decided to fly up to see us instead of sitting at home by himself.  It was a great idea!  He hasn't visited us in Seattle in two years so we were happy to have him.  I love spending time with my dad and I love that when he comes he jumps right in and helps me by making breakfast, doing all the dishes, and driving my boys to wherever they need to go.  He has a great sense of direction and never uses GPS to get around so I know they are in good hands with him.

I let Landon and Parker skip school so we could go into Seattle and do some sightseeing.  We checked out the Fremont Troll, which they loved.  I can't believe they've never been!  I have failed at embracing the Seattle life.  After the troll, we went to Red Mill Burgers for lunch.  It's a little hole-in-the-wall burger joint with amazing burgers, shakes, and onion rings that can't be beat. I'm not sure if it was due to the three years living in Japan where a good burger was impossible to find, but if I had to pick one meal that I couldn't live without, it would be a good, juicy hamburger.  I'm so classy, I know.





On Saturday we went to all the boy's games which is my least favorite thing to do, but that's life and at least Grandpa got to see Parker and Landon play soccer and watch Marcus in a box game of lacrosse.  In between games we drove up the canyon to hike Twin Falls.  It was an easy hike, packed with people who like us, were taking advantage of a beautiful fall day.  The waterfall was gorgeous as was the hike through the forest which reaffirmed my decision that I must get out and explore more because we live in such a gorgeous place.
That's a lot of boys! 

That view!
That smile!
Picnic break
I love green, furry trees




After the hike, we split up.  Randy and Ethan drove an hour further to Ensign Ranch so Ethan could get his paperwork signed for his Eagle project while we drove back home, stopping at Triple XXX for root beer floats.  Henry's first time!
He drank half of that giant thing on his own

The perfect way to end a hike
Landon taught my Dad how to make his delicious peanut butter cookies.  Of course Grandpa cleaned up all the mess.
It was a great weekend.  The great thing about having visitors is it forces you to get out and do fun things.  I definitely don't do that enough, especially on Saturdays.  Sunday was rainy so after a day spent mostly inside we tried to go outside for a quick walk because the boys were bouncing off the walls.  My Dad said, "Your house is so loud."  He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?