Thursday, August 20, 2020

El Pablo


We finally got Marcus a truck. It’s been a long, slow process. First we had to decide what kind of car to get, taking into consideration that we are in the market to buy a boat but we don’t have a car to pull it. Naturally, I wanted to keep my minivan and preferred Randy to buy a big truck or huge SUV, but Randy really likes his Audi. So we decided to get Marcus a truck that could one day pull a boat. 
Well, unlucky for us, we bought a total lemon. A 2008 Ford F-150 LEMON!  We drove it off the lot and noticed it said low tire pressure. We checked all the tires and they were good so we drove home. Then after filling it up with gas, the fuel gauge started beeping telling us we were low on fuel even though it was full. Grrrr. 
So I took it to my trustworthy mechanic to see what he could do and he called me and said, “What kind of warranty do you have on this thing and do you think they’ll let you exchange it for something else?”  
Awesome. Long story short, Muhammad the used car salesman, said his mechanic would fix whatever I wanted. I tried to tell the mechanic all the things my mechanic said and tried to give him his 5 pages of notes, but he wouldn’t take them. So I said, “I need to know how much gas is in the tank and I need to know if I actually have a flat tire or not. My mechanic says until you repair or replace the timing chain, those things won’t work.”  The mechanic replied, “I already replaced the timing chain.”
So Marcus has a truck but it’s currently in the shop being repaired by a mechanic who probably uses super glue and chewing gum to “fix” cars. 
You win some, you lose some. This one is a major loss. 
Welcome to the family El Pablo!  May you last longer than our guinea pigs did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?