Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Birthdays!


Happy Birthday to Randy and Henry and Landon and Parker!  Summertime means birthday time around here.  Luckily Randy was happy to share birthdays with Henry this year because we were in Utah on Henry's actual birthday.  And let's be honest, they'll probably share birthdays as often as possible because it's so much easier.  I can't even remember what I got Randy for his birthday.  He pretty much buys whatever he wants anyway.  But I know I smoked some delicious ribs and made him his favorite carrot cake.  Henry got a new scooter that he has no clue how to ride and couldn't care less about because he prefers to ride his bike.  








Here's Henry on his actual birthday.  We spent the day with his Ball cousins and my sister-in-laws were super thoughtful and made cupcakes for everyone.  Henry is so shy!  He hates being center of attention.  

Henry got a big dump truck and excavator to play with from Grandpa and Grandma Kathy

I love his smile!

After we sang to Randy, we took out his candle and left the 3 candle on for Henry.  Makes it so easy!

Landon and Parker had a busy birthday.  Randy worked late so we barely had time to open presents before getting ready for the baptism.  


Parker was super excited to be baptized on his birthday so we spent the morning practicing and prepping for that.  I invited a bunch of their friends and neighbors over to slip and slide and it morphed into an unofficial birthday party with lots of fun, a hot dog lunch, popsicles, and hours of fun. 

Hot dog lunch and slip and slides for the win

Marcus took all the boys in his new truck out for ice cream.  Here's Henry enjoying his ice cream while I set up the slide.

These boys played hard!  And the hours of fun cost me an additional $200 on my water bill.  Oops!



We had barely enough time to eat dinner and open presents before the baptism.  It was pretty awesome not having to clean up the house for the baptism that we were minutes away from hosting because the kitchen was a mess and there was wrapping paper everywhere.  Let's also take note of the older boys stroking Landon as they told him all the things they loved about him.  Oh, and let's not forget the disgusting, burnt spaghetti birthday dinner.  I left Landon in charge of the sauce while I ran to the store for birthday candles.  Why they will eat gross spaghetti but not all the other delicious meals I make is beyond me.

Happy Birthday one and all!!

P.S.  This post has literally taken me a week to finish.  Blogger has changed they way they format and it's a nightmare.  I may have to come up with another way to keep this blog going because this isn't cutting it. Or we'll just have to get used to having pictures totally out of order.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?