Thursday, October 28, 2021

Homecoming

Marcus and Ethan went to Homecoming!  It was mostly normal too.  The school canceled the dance because they couldn't have it outside with rainy weather.  Instead, they rented out MoPop - the pop culture museum in Seattle.  Dance or no dance, everyone did all the normal things like get dressed up and exchange corsages and boutonnieres (thank you, spell check!).  

Sophi, Marcus's girlfriend from Utah, flew up for the weekend with her mom so she could go to the dance and see Seattle for the first time.  Marcus skipped a day of school and we took them to Pike Place Market and the City Center.  It wasn't rainy but the sun never came out the entire time they were here.  Regardless they loved it and didn't need convincing that we live in the most beautiful place they've ever seen.


Every couple's dream: spending the day with their moms as they sightsee!

Only in Seattle would you see this and they actually sounded good so I gave them a dollar :)

In WA the boys don't pick up the girls before the dance.  Everyone just meets as a group for pictures but Sophi came to our house first so we got a few pictures at home.  So fun!



Marcus, Tyler, and Quinton are friends from church.  I don't know who decided all the guys would wear black shirts but at least Marcus had original shoes.


I wasn't even there for these pictures so good thing Sofi's mom sent them to me.  I was busy speeding through Sammamish with Ethan.


Ethan got asked to Homecoming by a cute friend named Maya.  They went with a huge group of other sophomores and since these kids never really had a freshman year, the parents planned the whole event and went all out for it to ensure normalcy prevailed.  I had to race from Marcus's pictures to go back home for Ethan and to take him to his pictures.  I reread the extensive email with all the details of where/when/what and still managed to go to the WRONG golf course.  We pulled into the parking lot with Ethan already grumbling about being a few minutes late when I realized we were at the wrong golf course/country club.  There are two in Sammamish and I was at the wrong one.  Ethan was ready to disown me and I drove 65 mph on residential streets, fishtailing around the round-abouts in Marcus's truck and arrived late enough that everyone had already exchanged flowers and started taking pictures.  I felt terrible!  Also, why did they start right on time?!  Ethan hates to be the center of attention and he most definitely was the focus as thirty friends along with all their moms and dads cheered as we ran up the driveway.  I wanted to cry and wished I had brought all my little boys with me so everyone would forgive me because obviously my hands were full, but this time I was on my own.  Thankfully Ethan quickly got over it and was thrilled to hang out with all the kids on the party bus that took them into some fancy Seattle restaurant that one of the parents owned.  They had their staff take pictures so that was fun to see.  After an hour at the museum they went to someone's house for the "after party."  Since they were sophomores this meant the strict rules of no drugs/alcohol would be strictly enforced.  They swam and hung out and then I picked up Ethan at midnight and his first dance that wasn't a dance, was over.




Meanwhile, Randy was in Eastern WA at the BYU/WSU football game with Landon and Parker.  They had a great time while I ran around like a headless chicken getting two boys off to Homecoming.  Single parenting is exhausting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?