Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sister to the Rescue!

I should be ashamed of myself. I know better than to complain if my husband has to travel. After all, I've had several friends whose husbands have been on 9-month deployments. But when Randy reminded me he was heading to North Carolina for a nerd convention, I did the only thing I could think of. I called my sister for reinforcements.
My little sis quickly booked a flight to Seattle and we've been having a great time. On Saturday we took a short drive up the canyon, hiked through beautiful forest with the boys whining the entire time, and reached our destination: Denny Creek Falls.
We call it Bum Slide Rock.
Oh, the good times we had in the frigid water! Getting all sweaty on the hike definitely motivated us to get wet.
Sisters are the best.
Really they are.





4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. You need not be ashamed of yourself! I feel overwhelmed when Brian works 24 hours and then stays at work for an extra 12 (hours, not days)!

    Bum Slide Rock is totally cool. What a great mom you are. And you have a very kind sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your sister must be REAL cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome bumslide!!!! score one for washington!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your sister could come and see you! What a comfort and memorable time for both of you and the boys.

    We drove through SLC yesterday ... we waved and yelled, "HI BALL FAMILY" as we approached the exit to your hometown (even though you weren't there). Utah is absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?