Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break Day 1

We never do things the easy way.  The boys have today, Good Friday,  off and then all next week for spring break.  The week after that we going down to D.C. for a little fun while Randy goes to a dental convention.  I so wish the trip coincided with spring break but that would make my life too easy. 
This morning the boys discovered the magical powers of painters tape.  They can tape each other up and it doesn't hurt to peel it off.  Trust me!  This kept them occupied long enough for me to realize two things: First, that if I had daughters this sort of thing would never happen, and second, if I didn't act fast my wild boys were about to take chaos to a whole new level. 
Big drum roll for my last-minute-first-day-of-sring-break-adventure. . . We went to the dollar store!  Hooray.  I told them if they were awesome at the grocery store first then I'd let them pick two things out at the Dollar Store.  They were angels while I grabbed a few groceries which was miraculous because, well, just look at the picture.  My children enjoy binding each other up for fun!  They have been playing with their $2 worth of junk ever since we got home.
Tomorrow we are celebrating Bean's birthday by going rock climbing, Sunday we're hosting Easter dinner and celebrating his real birthday {Easter and turning 8 all in one day!}, then Monday we are off to Boston to watch the marathon.  Hopefully without any bombs this year.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Your thoughts?