Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Camping We Will Go

As if we weren't busy enough trying to see family and old friends, along with an occasional job interview for Randy, my Dad planned a big camping trip for our whole "blended" family.  If I'm being honest I'd say it went much better than I thought it would.  We camped at the very exotic location of Payson Lakes.  It's about 90 minutes away and the lake was full of mossy weeds but the scenery was beautiful with plenty of trees for much needed shade.  Randy's parents lent us all their camping gear and canoes so we were fully equipped for a good time. 
Poor Randy has been juggling vacation with the stress of job searching and handling it like a champ.  It was no surprise he started feeling sick and spent much of the day sleeping in the tent.  But his effort has been rewarded.  He found a couple options in Washington but miraculously was offered a job at a clinic in Utah.  Nothing is official so we are a long way from making any decisions but believe me when I tell you I am absolutely torn.  I really want to live in Washington but not sure I want Randy to turn down his dream job {in Utah of all places} to make it happen.  We will see what the future holds, but until then, back to the camping trip. . . In no particular order because I'm doing this on my laptop and don't have the patience to organize them.

my cute dirty camping boys

cute Kate with her s'more


brother love

these two spent hours on the lake together

A quick hike to a beautiful waterfall

most of the family give or take ten people or so

For our campfire entertainment - -Max the hula hoop king

campfire entertainment - we sang "Shark Attack"

Celebrating his 37th birthday with a birthday muffin
Yep, I drove this

I'm a city girl driving a pickup truck!  Hilarious!

the traditional pirate adventure with the biggest treasure hunt yet

pirate speed test

tiptoeing through the cargo net

walking the plank

Last but not least

Pirates running for the next clue to the treasure

throwing cannon balls (water balloons)

"A clue!  We found a clue!"

fighting the bad guys--the bad guys lost

searching for gold coins in a sunken ship


Entering the Forest of Death

Treasure!

"The Triplets" on the lake




A Patriotic skit around the campfire
We had a good time and came home dirty and exhausted. 

2 comments:

  1. How do we get you to drive that awesome truck and camping gear up to Oregon? Seriously. Its killing me that I get to see everyone except for you. Woof. And what the heck about the job in Utah? You guys have all the luck. And Randy is a stud. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I'm sorry the waterfall was just a trickle. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?