Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Details

These boys are my life.  I can't imagine a world without them and it's hard to remember who I was before they became my life.  What did I think about?
I know blogs are kind of a thing of the past, particularly the ones about the boring and mundane details of daily life.  But I still blog because if I stop writing I know I will forget the details.  If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to "Enjoy it.  They'll grow up and be gone before you know it," I'd be rich.  But I know they are right and if I'm not careful the memories will be lost in a blur of soccer practices, cub scouts, car pools, play dates, piano lessons, and a million other things. 
I'll forget about that time I took the boys to the pumpkin patch the day before Halloween and we got lost in the corn maze as the sun was setting.  I'll forget that not so memorable day when Landon took like twenty pictures with my phone of his most favorite lunch--Ramen noodles.  Don't worry, I add frozen peas so he gets some type of nourishment.  I can't remember what we did with our carved pumpkins last year but this year I told the boys to take their rotting pumpkins out to the woods and do whatever they wanted with them.  The leaves were beautiful despite the violent sounds of pumpkin demolition going on interrupted by yells and giggles of glee. 
And so I blog.  There are a lot of details that get missed and forgotten and I'm sure the ones that make it on the blog don't seem very significant, but if it gets documented it becomes significant to me.  I want to remember these moments, particularly of these little boys who are growing into little men right before my eyes.  It is both a miracle and a mystery to me. 
Lost!


Our woods, soon to be full of rotten pumpkins
Pumpkin juice was leaking down his shirt but he didn't care
I've got to teach Landon how to hold the camera still







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?