Monday, March 16, 2015

Overwhelmed

Our house is going on the market April 1st.  That means things are even crazier than usual getting it cleaned and organized.  I like a clean house but organization is my weakness, Randy's too.  So it's no small task going through our cupboards and basement storage getting things ready for strangers to inspect.  I'm also trying my hardest to make the house look like there aren't four boys living in it which is no small feat.  We're going to rent a storage unit to put all their toys in along with any other personal items like family pictures that make our house our own.   It makes me sad and I hope our house sells quickly because I have no idea how we will keep the house show worthy for weeks on end.  We can't even keep it clean for 24 hours.  Throw into the mix that Randy is in the process of purchasing an endo practice in Seattle {which is in no way a done deal but at least the process is started} so it's no wonder I start hyperventilating when I think about my life.  Last week Randy could tell I was at my breaking point when he said, "I've been gone a lot lately haven't I?"  To which I could only nod my head.  You know it's bad when even he recognizes his absence.
Playing baseball in snow boots so he can wade through the snow after the ball
But we are surviving.  The weather hasn't warmed up much but the snow has melted enough that I can safely run on the roads which means I might actually be ready for the upcoming Ragnar thus also improving my mental state.
Ethan's sweet ride to school
Another thing that improved my mental state was a little episode that Ethan had with the bus.  Please don't be offended by this but it really made my whole week and every time I think about it I get the giggles.  Ethan rode the short bus to school!!  Ha, ha, ha!  He missed his bus and was walking home slow and dejected when the short bus drove by and asked if he needed a ride.  They told him to run in and ask me.  I was so confused about what was going on when the driver shouted out her window, "We're headed to the school.  Why don't you let us take him?"  Of course I thought that was a great idea since I didn't want to drive him and thankfully had the clarity of mind to quickly snap a picture before the short bus drove off.  This was made even funnier because Ethan is probably my only son that wouldn't think twice about getting on some random bus or feel silly about riding the short bus.  He liked that they made him wear a seat belt and said it was a good thing because the pot holes were so big he was bouncing to the ceiling.
Landon and Parker continue to play so well together I try not to think about that dreaded day when Landon has to go to kindergarten.  Parker and I will be so lonely!  But at least we have each other.  For now.


Ethan went running to get ready for his first 5K


I took all the boys to Five Guys by myself.  It went surprisingly well considering the risk I take anytime I take all of them out in public when they're hungry and have to wait for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?