Friday, August 7, 2020

Parker’s Baptism, COVID Style


I can finally say something good came from the COVID pandemic. Due to our local restrictions, Parker was baptized on his birthday in our hot tub. It was definitely the most memorable baptism I’ve ever attended and one he won’t ever forget. 

Thanks to Zoom, we had all our family there to watch, and I mean ALL our family. There were both sets of grandparents, Grandma Great, my Aunt Barbara and Aunt Lisa, and all of Parker’s aunts and uncles and cousins from both sides of the family. Uncle Eric was even watching from his phone as he drove home from work!  We invited our ward family to join us as well and it sure made me happy to see all those faces smiling at us on the computer.  


Marcus performed the baptism which was extra awesome. Landon and Ethan were the witnesses. And don’t worry, if this all looks like it went smoothly it’s because we practiced earlier that morning with the boys in their swimsuits. Let’s just say it wasn’t reverent!  But seeing my boys grow up and do good things makes my heart melt. While Parker was getting dried off we showed a short slideshow with pictures of Parker through the years. Randy confirmed Parker and then it was over. The whole thing lasted less than fifteen minutes. So while this was never how I expected to see Parker get baptized, the simplicity of it combined with sharing the experience with all our family made it so special.  

Congratulations, Parker!








1 comment:

Your thoughts?