Saturday, October 23, 2021

Happiness

We are experiencing all things fall....fall soccer, fall leaves, Halloween prep, and more rain.  Things are busy as ever but also very good.  Every once in awhile a photo from a year ago pops up and I'm reminded how tough things were last year in the trenches of remote learning and quarantine life.  Justing seeing those pictures gives me a pit in my stomach.  I'm so thankful and happy that we are past all that and that mostly things are normal, so this post is all about the little things of late that have put a smile on my face.

The leaves around here are just stunning!  No need to drive up to the canyons to see the foliage, my own street is gorgeous

My front door is just full of Halloween and happiness vibes.  Henry rearranges the pumpkin heads daily.

A day off from school meant meeting at the park with two other friends and their kids.  We have a lot of kids and they're all the same age.  There are only two girls in the bunch.



Mandatory Sunday Fun:  I make the boys get outside and play together when it isn't raining.  This time it was an epic hockey game and it got intense.  The best part was when Henry ran inside and put on his little backpack, stood on the front step and blew the whistle attached to it.  He was a great referee! And I'm a pretty good goalie!

Henry still naps and when he falls asleep in his carseat with his giant chins on display, we always laugh and take a picture.  Poor kid!

This photo makes me happy for two reasons:  First, I love my couch so much!  I sat in the corner with Henry and watched TV with my teenagers and there was plenty of room for everyone and no one had to touch each other.  Second, my teenagers were both home and we watched Henry's favorite TV show, Bluey. It's the cutest and even my teenagers like it. Check it out on Disney Plus.  You'll love it!

I bought Trader Joe's chocolate haunted house kits.  Parker and Henry loved making them.


Henry is actually really good at decorating



Walking around downtown Bellevue trying desperately to find a homecoming suit for Marcus while bribing the little boys with lunch to they'll behave.  Yes, we came straight from Parker's soccer game. 

Five Guys for the win!  We haven't been here in ages and these boys earned it.  Shopping is the worst.  Shopping with impatient boys and Henry is worse than the worst.  But we found a suit for Marcus and borrowed a suit for Ethan. Major wins!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?